- The Special Oatmeal Stout, better known as SOS contains 7 barley malts, torrified and malted wheat, 10% flake oats and is hopped with 3 different varieties of Goldings Hops. S.O.S. has a smooth, chocolaty flavor with a full body. The ABV is around 6.8%. SOS is the perfect beer for St. Patrick’s Day and the rest of March. On tap at all pubs.
- A hoppy Red Ale is going on tap at Gritty’s in Auburn. Our head brewer in Auburn, Jay, formulated & brewed this beer using roasted Caramalts. He used Centennial hops in the boil then dry-hopped with Amarillo hops. The result is a hoppy red ale with a strong citrus aroma, a hint of sweet malt and a crisp finish. 6% ABV – on tap at Gritty’s Auburn during March.
- Be sure to try the Pilsner from Gritty’s in Freeport this month. The Freeport brewers have been busy brewing a Pilsner style beer that is going on tap in March. This Pils is a little more amber in color than a typical Pilsner, but still has that citrus flash and zing. The guys used Continental lager yeast from Germany & Saaz hops. This beer has a dense rich head, slight amber color and citrus notes. About 5.5% ABV.
- Jump on the Pineapple Express in Portland!
Larry, the brewer in Portland used 3 different hops: Citra, Centennial & Galaxy to create a juicy grape fruity double IPA. This New England style double IPA comes in at 7.2% ABV.
- Going back on tap during March
with another small batch IPA to follow at the end of the month.