Located just down Route 1 from Maine’s best outlets, Gritty’s Freeport Brew Pub and Restaurant is a great destination for the whole family. Our menu features everything from New England classics, to pub-style fare, pizza, innovative entrees, fresh seafood and more. There’s plenty of seating inside and outside on our expansive deck. We’ve even got a playground to keep the young ones happy!
- Our Freeport Brewery not only serves our busy pub, but also supplies Gritty’s ales to many other establishments throughout Maine. We also produce our our flagship and seasonal ales in custom 22 oz bottles.You can find our ales, and a great selection of Grittywear and Grittygear to go in our on-premise retail store, the Brewtique. Gritty’s Freeport Brew Pub and Restaurant is located right off exit 20 on Route 295; a convenient stop wherever you’re headed in Maine.
187 Lower Main Street
Freeport, Maine 04032
Music & NEWS
- LIVE Acoustic Music at Gritty’s Freeport starts around 8:30pm. Never a cover charge.
Saturday, Feb. 3 – Moore & Moran
Friday, Feb. 9 – Andrew Dostie
Saturday, Feb. 10 – Ron Bergeron
Friday, Feb. 16 – Jeff Kilton
Saturday, Feb. 17 – Justin Walton
Friday, Feb. 23 – Jim Toscano
- Try the IPL, India Pale Lager from Gritty’s in Freeport. Our head brewer in Freeport, Greg Sansone formulated & brewed this beer using English two-row lager malt, German lager yeast & a combination of Centennial, Cascade, Citra & Lemon Drop hops. This beer has a crisp taste upfront as a result of a six week laagering & finishes with sharp citrus notes from the American hops. On tap in all locations.
Gritty’s will be at the Flavors of Freeport on Friday, February 16. Say that 10 times fast! We’ll be competing and having fun with many of the Freeport area restaurants. Stop by our table for delicious bite. Freeport USA’s signature event showcases chefs and food producers in the greater Freeport area. Enjoy delicious samples from some of Maine’s best chefs, sample local brews and beverages, and learn about what’s new in Freeport’s culinary world. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/11th-annual-flavors-of-freeport-tickets-41246099193
Are you wicked Smaht? Every Thursday play in Freeport’s best Trivia Game, match wits with DJ’s Rob and Joey Disco. Trivia is from 7-9pm. Compete for fantastic prizes and glory in Freeport’s BEST trivia contest!
Scottish Ale returns to help you weather the season. Gritty’s Scottish Ale is our interpretation of the robust brews native to Scotland. Generous quantities of Pale malt along with Munich and Caramalts give this ale a deep and complex profile. A few shades darker than our Bitter, with a rich, slightly sweet first impression on the palate that rounds out to a satisfying maltiness with a medium-dry hop finish. At 6.3% ABV it’s hearty but not overwhelming.
- What’s in your mystery envelope? If you were lucky enough to get one of the Mystery Envelopes during December, bring it back to the Gritty’s in February to see what you won. The envelope MUST still be sealed. Your server will open the sealed envelope to see if you won an instant discount, a free meal, Gritty gear or a Gritty gift card.
- The battle is on! IPL vs IPA? Which beer is better? Gritty’s Freeport has the India Pale Lager and Gritty’s Portland has the Pineapple Express IPA. Do you prefer the smooth India Pale Lager or the grape fruitiness of the India Pale Ale? Whichever beer sells the most pints in February wins and will be brewed again!
Gritty’s is a great place to watch the Pats in the Super Bowl. But, if you’re planning a house party instead, give your favorite Gritty’s pub a call before the game to order some wings and a growler of your favorite beer to-go from Gritty’s.
Desserts at Gritty’s in Freeport! YUMMY!
- Blue Berry Pie $6
Simple and light Maine blueberry pie served with vanilla ice cream topped with sweet blueberry compote.
Brownie Sundae $7
Fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, fudge, and whip cream.
Chocolate Lava Cake $7
Dense rich chocolate cake filled with creamy white ganache for an exquisite blend of chocolate flavors.
Mile High Peanut Butter Cake $7
Copious amounts of peanut butter flavored frosting cover two of the three rich dark chocolate cake layers, while a silky chocolate frosting covers the top layer.
Mae’s Cafes Black Fly Stout Cup Cake $7
Two super powers unite for one of the best cupcakes ever! Black fly stout cake filled with a chocolate ganache and then topped with a Baileys Irish cream frosting.
Mississippi Mud Pie $7
Fluffy, mouthwatering cappuccino mousse is piled into a rich chocolate cookie crust. To top it all off, the cake is finished with a thick chocolate topping.
Deep Dish Key Lime Pie $7
Thick made from scratch crust filled with extra thick key lime custard for authentic tropical flavors.
Menus & Daily Deals
- Mondays: Kids Eat Free! (Restrictions apply, ask server.)
Tuesdays: It’s Taco Tuesday and get $2 OFF all Margaritas!
Wednesdays: Wing It on Wednesdays! 50¢ Wings all day.
Happy Hour is 2-5pm: $3 single well drinks and beer!
Thursdays: Pizza & Pitcher Special! Just $17.99 for a 14” pizza & a 64 oz. pitcher of Gritty’s beer.
Fridays: It’s Hoppy Hour from 2-5pm at Gritty’s Freeport. FREE Food buffet from 3:30 to 4:30pm