- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland in July. All bands start around 9pm. No cover.
Every Tuesday – Travis James Humphrey
Every Thursday – Band Beyond Description
Saturday, Aug. 5 – Dave Bowler
Friday, Aug. 11 – Dave Bowler
Saturday, Aug. 12 – Eric Bettencourt
Saturday, Aug. 19 – Travis James Humphrey
Saturday, Aug. 26 – OC and the Off beats
The Galactically Stoopid IPA is still on tap but going fast!
This hazy, New England Style IPA has a big up-front hops blast and notes of pineapple. Brewed with a mix of Rohr pale malts, flaked oats, pilsner malts combined with Simcoe, Mosaic and Ella Hops. At the end of the brew Larry dry-hopped the beer with 5 pounds of Galaxy hops. This IPA comes in at a whopping 7.2% ABV.
Have you had the “Meddybemps Blueberry Ale” yet?
We brewed this clean crisp ale using some of Maine’s finest hops plus a few pounds of pureed blueberries. The end result is the perfect refreshing summer ale that comes in around 5% ABV.
Wednesdays: The Rob & Joey Trivia Quiz Show will go all summer! For the first time in 6 years, Rob is going to keep the Trivia Quiz show going this summer. He won’t have time to get a tan, but what the heck…
Fridays: It’s Hoppy Hour for Mug Club Members at Gritty’s Portland 4-7pm! Mug Club Members get $3 mugs and $4 cider. 50¢ wings for anyone and everybody!
NEw Menu Specials
- Ale & Onion Soup Cup $5.99 Crock $6.99
Our pub twist on the classic soup made with our own ale. Topped with croutons and melted provolone cheese.
Gritty’s French Dip $11.50 Juicy roast beef heated in homemade au jus, set in a sub roll topped with melted provolone cheese. Served with a side of au jus and choice of side.
Fried Shrimp Po Boy $12.99
Fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato, fried pickles and a spicy red pepper tartar sauce.
Shrimp Cocktail $9.99
Five jumbo shrimp served with our homemade cocktail sauce and a lemon wedge.
Apple Berry Salad $9.99 half $12.50 full
Spring mix, fresh mozzarella, red delicious apples, fresh strawberries and topped with walnuts.
Served with sesame ginger dressing.
Taco Salad $11.50
Seasoned ground beef, lettuce, salsa, guac, sour cream and shredded shedder jack cheese set in a house fried taco shell bowl.
Falafel Wrap $12.99
Falafel, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrots, and spring mix rolled up in a flour tortilla.
Gritty’s Cobb Salad $12.50
Romaine lettuce, house roasted turkey, bacon, hard boiled eggs, fresh avocado topped with Bleu cheese crumbles.