- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. All bands start around 9 pm unless noted. No cover.
Every Tuesday – Travis James Humphrey
Every Thursday – Band Beyond Description
Saturday, Aug. 4 – Middle Men
Saturday, Aug. 11 – Rob Brunell Band
Saturday, Aug. 18 – OC and the Off beats
Saturday, Aug. 25 – Scolded Dogs
Unless noted bands at Gritty’s Portland go on around 9:30pm.
Does a bear drink in the woods? He does if it’s Gritty McDuff’s Vacationland Summer Ale! Vacationland is an Extra Special Golden Ale with a deep brassy golden color but full-bodied and ends on a snappy hop finish. We use generous portions of pale malt with just a touch of wheat malt to give VSA that unique flavor that’s richer than most summer brews. A surprisingly robust malt character leads off with hints of caramel, toffee and touch of toasted grain. Then a lemon citrus snap cuts through at mid-palate. Vacationland finishes with a delicate leafy hops flavor from the Cascade leaf hops we use. It’s the perfect brew for all things summer! VSA will go on tap sometime in April in all the pubs, and comes to 4.8% ABV.
There is nothing better than a beer and sunshine. Look for the sunshine and warm temps to hit the Wharf Street patio.A
- Summer Happy Hours at Gritty’s Portland – Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm
Mug Club Members will pay $4 for their mugs.
Pints for all other customers are $5 and well drinks are just $5 for everybody.
Friday Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm.
Get 50¢WINGS during Happy Hour on Fridays too!.