- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began.
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. All bands start around 9 pm unless noted. No cover.
Every Tuesday – Travis James Humphrey from 7-10 pm
Every Thursday – Band Beyond Description 9 pm
Friday, Oct. 5 – Dave Bowler 8:00-11:00
Saturday, Oct. 6 – Scolded Dogs
Saturday, Oct. 13 – Work Trucks
Saturday, Oct. 20 – Travis James Humphrey Band
Saturday, Oct. 27 – Desperate Avikadoz
- Happy Hours at Gritty’s Portland – Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm
Mug Club Members will pay $4 for their mugs.
Pints for all other customers are $5 and well drinks are just $5 for everybody.
Friday Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm.
Get 50¢WINGS during Happy Hour on Fridays too!.