- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Gritty’s Portland is doing some kitchen renovations in early April.
We’ll close the kitchen temporarily for a few days. Renovations start on Sunday, April 2, we will close at 2pm.
The kitchen will be closed all day on Monday and Tuesday, April 3 and 4.
If everything goes as planned, we’ll re-open the kitchen on Thursday, April 6 for at 11am.
The bar will remain open the entire time, so come in for a pint or two.
April – Live Music at Gritty’s Portland.
Never a cover and always Maine’s best music paired with Maine’s best beers!
Saturday, April 1 – Dave Gagne Sr
Saturday, April 8 – Travis James Humphrey
Saturday, April 15 – TBD
Saturday, April 22 – OC and the Offbeats
Saturday, April 29 – The Work Trucks
Every Tuesday Travis James Humphrey plays at Gritty’s in Portland
Travis plays solo guitar around 9pm. No cover.
Every Thursday night in April the “Band Beyond Description” plays at Gritty’s in Portland
Check out Maine’s best Grateful Dead tribute band.www.facebook.com/aBandBeyondDescription
Spurwink will be in the house on Thursday, April 20 for a Community Pint Night. Be sure to stop by, buy a pint or two and help Spurwink raise some much needed funds. 50¢ from every pint we sell between 5:30pm and 9:30pm goes to the cause.
Small Batch Ale – “Downeast SIPAH” will go on tap at Gritty’s in Portland sometime during April.
Come try this small-batch, hoppy blonde ale in Portland before it’s gone! Made with Maine grown grain from Blue Ox Malt House in Lisbon, Maine & hops from Aroostook County, this Blonde Ale comes in at 4.5% ABV. Hoppy up-front with a nice malty balance on the end. We used Centennial and Cascade hops, Maine Pale and Vienna Malts along with Maine grown oats.
- Late Night Happy Hour, Sunday to Thursday nights, 10 pm to close, $3 pints and $4 well drinks!
Wednesdays: Don’t miss the Trivia Quiz Show with Joey and Rob at 7pm.
Fridays: It’s Hoppy Hour from 4-7pm. $3 Gritty’s beers and 50¢ wings!
Winter Menu Specials
- Ale & Onion Soup: Our pub twist on the classic soup made with our own ale. Topped with croutons and melted provolone cheese. Cup $5.99 Crock $6.99
Open Face Hot Turkey Sandwich: Fresh roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, traditional stuffing and cranberry sauce topped with homemade gravy and set on grilled roasted garlic bread. $12.99
Sundried tomato and Pesto Chicken Panini: Grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, provolone cheese, sautéed onions and pesto in between roasted garlic bread. $12.99
Black and Blue Steak Salad: Mixed greens, bleu cheese crumbles red onion and cherry tomatoes complimented by grilled blackened steak, cooked to your liking. Served with a side of Balsamic Vinaigrette. Half $9.99 Full $13.99
Moonshine BBQ Ribs: Pork ribs prepared in house, smothered with a moonshine BBQ sauce glaze. Served with a side of cornbread and coleslaw. Half rack $12.50 Full Rack 19.50
Lobster Flatbread: Naan bread covered in a garlic butter sauce, topped with melted Havarti dill cheese, lobster, bacon and baby spinach. Market Price
Winter Salad: A bed of Arcadian greens topped with dried cranberries, red onions, walnuts and goat cheese. Half $9.99 Full $11.99