- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. All bands start around 9 pm unless noted. No cover.
Saturday, March 31 – OC and the Off Beats
Saturday, April 7 – Dave Gagne Sr.
Saturday, April 14 – Scolded Dogs
Saturday, April 21 – Work Trucks
Saturday, April 28 – Desperate Avikadoz
- Every Tuesday – Travis James Humphrey from 7-10pm
Every Thursday – Band Beyond Description 9:30-12:30pm
Does a bear drink in the woods? He does if it’s Gritty McDuff’s Vacationland Summer Ale! Vacationland is an Extra Special Golden Ale with a deep brassy golden color but full-bodied and ends on a snappy hop finish. We use generous portions of pale malt with just a touch of wheat malt to give VSA that unique flavor that’s richer than most summer brews. A surprisingly robust malt character leads off with hints of caramel, toffee and touch of toasted grain. Then a lemon citrus snap cuts through at mid-palate. Vacationland finishes with a delicate leafy hops flavor from the Cascade leaf hops we use. It’s the perfect brew for all things summer! VSA will go on tap sometime in April in all the pubs, and comes to 4.8% ABV.
The Pineapple Jam Session is on tap in Gritty’s Portland. This is a hop forward, juicy IPA brewed with Citra, Mosaic and Galley Hops that were combined with Mutton Pale Malt. A bit darker in color than a typical IPA; this is our riff on the rotating IPA this month. 6%ABV.
Ahoy! Stop by Gritty’s Portland for the SailMaine CPN on April 26 SailMaine is a community sailing center providing junior summer sailing for children 5 to 17, spring and fall high school racing, adaptive sailing for anyone with a disability, and a full adult lesson & clinic program based right here on the Portland waterfront. SailMaine’s mission is to provide affordable access to the water through community sailing and educational programming. Gritty’s is hosting their first ever Community Pint Night and we invite you to stop by the pub between 5:30 and 9:30pm to show your support. Gritty’s will donate 50¢ from every pint we sell during the CPN to the cause.
- “Three, four and five” are all you need to remember during Happy Hour at Gritty’s Portland.
Mug Club Members will pay $3 for their mugs, pints for all other customers are $4 and well drinks are just $5 for everybody during Happy Hours from Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm; or to celebrate the end of the work week, we extend the Friday Happy hour from 4 to 8pm. Rotating food specials too!
Late night Pitcher Special: $12 Everyday from 9pm to close.
Mondays: Half off chips and Queso or salsa.
Tuesdays: The base price of a Smash burger drops from $12 to $8 during Happy Hour from 4-6pm.
Wednesdays: $3 Scotch deviled eggs
Thursdays: HALF OFF Nacho’s during Happy Hour from 4-6pm.
Fridays: 50¢ WINGS during Happy Hour from 4-8pm. Must order 6 wings at a time.