- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. All bands start around 9 pm unless noted. No cover.
Every Tuesday – Travis James Humphrey from 7-10pm
Every Thursday – Band Beyond Description 9:30-12:30pm
Saturday, June 23 – TBD
Saturday, June 30 – OC and the Offbeats
Unless noted bands at Gritty’s Portland go on around 9:30pm.
Bring out your inner genius – Sometime in June we’ll be tapping our “Eugenius IPA” in Portland! To have some fun and honor one of our employees in Portland, Eugene, who celebrates his birthday this month, we brewed this IPA with Blue Ox malts from Lisbon Falls, Pilsner malts, rye oats, as well as Citra, Huell Melon, and Vic Secret hops. Basically, this IPA is a beefed-up version of our “Vic Secret IPA”, coming in at nearly 8% ABV. Hazy, hoppy and delicious – the way a New England IPA ought to be! (Happy Birthday, Eugene!)A
Does a bear drink in the woods? He does if it’s Gritty McDuff’s Vacationland Summer Ale! Vacationland is an Extra Special Golden Ale with a deep brassy golden color but full-bodied and ends on a snappy hop finish. We use generous portions of pale malt with just a touch of wheat malt to give VSA that unique flavor that’s richer than most summer brews. A surprisingly robust malt character leads off with hints of caramel, toffee and touch of toasted grain. Then a lemon citrus snap cuts through at mid-palate. Vacationland finishes with a delicate leafy hops flavor from the Cascade leaf hops we use. It’s the perfect brew for all things summer! VSA will go on tap sometime in April in all the pubs, and comes to 4.8% ABV.
There is nothing better than a beer and sunshine. Look for the sunshine and warm temps to hit the Wharf Street patio.A
- “Three, four and five” are all you need to remember during Happy Hour at Gritty’s Portland.
Mug Club Members will pay $3 for their mugs, pints for all other customers are $4 and well drinks are just $5 for everybody during Happy Hours from Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm; or to celebrate the end of the work week, we extend the Friday Happy hour from 4 to 8pm. Rotating food specials too!
Late night Pitcher Special: $12 Everyday from 9pm to close.
Mondays: Half off chips and Queso or salsa.
Tuesdays: The base price of a Smash burger drops from $12 to $8 during Happy Hour from 4-6pm.
Wednesdays: $3 Scotch deviled eggs
Thursdays: HALF OFF Nacho’s during Happy Hour from 4-6pm.
Fridays: 50¢ WINGS during Happy Hour from 4-8pm. Must order 6 wings at a time.