- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Saturdays in February, Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. Never a cover charge.
Saturday, Feb. 4 – Dave Gagne Sr.
Saturday, Feb. 11 – Travis James Humphrey
Saturday, Feb. 18 – OC and the Off Beats
Saturday, Feb. 25 – Work Trucks
The Portland Rugby Club returns to sing! On Thursday, Feb 2 the boys are back in town to serenade us with love songs for Valentine’s Day. We’ll be taking video and having fun, some stop by Gritty’s Portland.
Remember 50¢ from every pint goes to the cause.
On Thursdays, Feb 2, 9 and 23 the “Band Beyond Description” plays at Gritty’s in Portland. Featuring Chris Dow (Elderberry Jam), Kevin Roper (Pardon Me, Doug), Pat May (Dead Sessions) and Tom Faunce (Anthrax). Check out Maine’s best Grateful Dead tribute band. www.facebook.com/aBandBeyondDescription
Just in time for the Super Bowl, come honor New England’s favorite coach by drinking a “Hoodie” IPA. The Hoodie is a small-batch, hoppy IPA on tap in Portland only. Hoppy up-front with a nice malty balance on the end. To paraphrase Bill Belichick, “When you drink something wet, it usually means something good...”
The Hoodie goes on tap around the Super Bowl.
Gritty’s in Portland WAS going to be closed for some renovations to the kitchen. We were going to close the kitchen at 2pm on Sunday, Feb 12 and re-open the bar only on Monday, Feb 13 at 5pm, and start serving food again on Wednesday evening, Feb 15. BUT that all changed. We will be open normal hours this Sunday to Wednesday, 2/12 – 2/15. We open every day at 11am. At this point we think we’ll be closed February 27-29. But that could change too. Stand by!
Party ON! Gritty’s in Portland will be closed on Tuesday, Feb. 28 for an all-day deep cleaning party and a much deserved staff party that night.
- Every night from 10pm to close get $3 pints and $4 well drinks (except on Saturday night.)
Wednesdays: Don’t miss the Trivia Quiz Show with Joey and Rob at 7pm.
Fridays: It’s Hoppy Hour from 4-7pm. $3 Gritty’s beers and 50¢ wings!
Winter Menu Specials
- Ale & Onion Soup: Our pub twist on the classic soup made with our own ale. Topped with croutons and melted provolone cheese. Cup $5.99 Crock $6.99
Open Face Hot Turkey Sandwich: Fresh roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, traditional stuffing and cranberry sauce topped with homemade gravy and set on grilled roasted garlic bread. $12.99
Sundried tomato and Pesto Chicken Panini: Grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, provolone cheese, sautéed onions and pesto in between roasted garlic bread. $12.99
Black and Blue Steak Salad: Mixed greens, bleu cheese crumbles red onion and cherry tomatoes complimented by grilled blackened steak, cooked to your liking. Served with a side of Balsamic Vinaigrette. Half $9.99 Full $13.99
Moonshine BBQ Ribs: Pork ribs prepared in house, smothered with a moonshine BBQ sauce glaze. Served with a side of cornbread and coleslaw. Half rack $12.50 Full Rack 19.50
Lobster Flatbread: Naan bread covered in a garlic butter sauce, topped with melted Havarti dill cheese, lobster, bacon and baby spinach. Market Price
Winter Salad: A bed of Arcadian greens topped with dried cranberries, red onions, walnuts and goat cheese. Half $9.99 Full $11.99