- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began.
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. All bands start around 9 pm unless noted. No cover.
Travis James Humphrey solo every Tuesday 7-10
Band Beyond Description Thursdays 9-12
Trivia Wednesdays 7pm
Saturday, Sept. 1 – Work Trucks 9:30-12:30
Saturday, Sept. 8 – Travis James Humphrey Band 9:30-12:30
Friday, Sept. 14 – Dave Bowler 8:00-11:00
Saturday, Sept. 15 – Desperate Avikadoz 9:30-12:30
Saturday, Sept. 22 – Rob Brunell Band 9:30-12:30
Friday, Sept. 28 – Dave Bowler 8:00-11:00
Saturday, Sept. 29 – OC and the Off Beats 9:30-12:30
- Happy Hours at Gritty’s Portland – Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm
Mug Club Members will pay $4 for their mugs.
Pints for all other customers are $5 and well drinks are just $5 for everybody.
Friday Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm.
Get 50¢WINGS during Happy Hour on Fridays too!.