- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began. Cheers!
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland in May. All bands start around 9pm. No cover.
Travis James Humphrey every Tuesday
Band Beyond Description plays every Thursday night.
Saturday, May 6 – Dave Gagne Sr.
Saturday, May 13 – Travis James Humphrey
Saturday, May 20 – OC and the Offbeats
Small Batch Ale – “Downeast SIPAH” on tap at Gritty’s in Portland now.
Try this hoppy blonde ale made with Maine grown grain from Blue Ox Malt House in Lisbon, Maine & hops from Aroostook County. Hoppy up-front with a nice malty balance on the end. We used Centennial and Cascade hops, Maine Pale and Vienna malts. 4.5% ABV.
Gritty’s will be served at the Streets, Eats and Beats Food Truck Festival on 5/20/2017.
Portland’s favorite food truck and music event on Thompson’s Point is from noon to 5pm. Enjoy eats from local and visiting food trucks, drink cold Gritty’s beer, Tito’s Handmade Vodka or Flip Flop Wine, while listening to music by Darren Bessette Band or Hello Newman. Event FMI: http://wblm.com/events-portland/street-eats-beats/20-may-2017-thompsons-point-2-2/
Scottish Ale for a buck a bottle at Gritty’s Portland during May! Get 24 bottle cases for just $15 in the Brewtique too.
Wednesdays: Don’t miss the Trivia Quiz Show with Joey and Rob at 7pm.
Fridays: It’s Hoppy Hour from 4-7pm. $3 Gritty’s beers and 50¢ wings!
NEw Menu Specials
- Ale & Onion Soup Cup $5.99 Crock $6.99
Our pub twist on the classic soup made with our own ale. Topped with croutons and melted provolone cheese.
Gritty’s French Dip $11.50Juicy roast beef heated in homemade au jus, set in a sub roll topped with melted provolone cheese. Served with a side of au jus and choice of side.
Fried Shrimp Po Boy $12.99
Fried shrimp, lettuce, tomato, fried pickles and a spicy red pepper tartar sauce.
Shrimp Cocktail $9.99
Five jumbo shrimp served with our homemade cocktail sauce and a lemon wedge.
Apple Berry Salad $9.99 half $12.50 full
Spring mix, fresh mozzarella, red delicious apples, fresh strawberries and topped with walnuts.
Served with sesame ginger dressing.
Taco Salad $11.50
Seasoned ground beef, lettuce, salsa, guac, sour cream and shredded shedder jack cheese set in a house fried taco shell bowl.
Falafel Wrap $12.99
Falafel, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrots, and spring mix rolled up in a flour tortilla.
Gritty’s Cobb Salad $12.50
Romaine lettuce, house roasted turkey, bacon, hard boiled eggs, fresh avocado topped with Bleu cheese crumbles.