- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub opened in 1988. It became Maine’s first brew pub since prohibition and a leader in the state’s craft brew revolution. Since then, locals and visitors from around the world have been enjoying fine, small-batch ales. Gritty’s brews on-premise and serves great pub fare in an old world pub atmosphere.
- Gritty’s Portland Brew Pub is the perfect place to experience the ambiance of Portland’s Old Port.
Our Fore Street location is in the heart of the historic district. Pull up a chair at our copper-topped bar. Strike up a conversation at our beer hall style tables. Take in the street life on the cobblestones of Wharf Street from our patio.
- We’re open everyday and you’re always welcome. Gritty’s has become a Maine institution, garnering many awards for Best Bar, Best Brew Pub and Best Beer. Stop in, have a pint and see where the legend began.
Portland Brew Pub
396 Fore Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Music & Gritty’s Events
- Live Music at Gritty’s Portland. Never a cover charge.
Friday, July 5 – Hello Newman
Friday, July 12 – Christie Ray, 7-10pm
Saturday, July 20 – Dave Bowler
Every Tuesday from 7-10pm – Travis James Humphrey
Every Thursday from 9:30pm-close – Band Beyond Description
- Things are getting spooky in our downstairs bar. Every Thursday night, join our bartender Michaela in our downstairs bar for Horror Movie Night! Starting at 8pm, we’ll be playing modern and classic horror movies guaranteed to get you spooked. Make sure to bring a diaper in case you wet your pants (don’t worry; this is a judgement-free zone).
Happy Hour! From Monday to Thursday, 4-6pm, Mug Club Members enjoy mugs for $4 for their mugs. Pints and well drinks for all other customers are just $5! Enjoy these specials PLUS 50¢ wings on Fridays from 4-7pm!
Wednesdays: The Quiz Show Trivia Night with Rob and Joey at 7pm. Don’t miss the bigger, better prizes, along with food and beverage specials!